Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Fwd: Just wanted to share a snippet of an interview....



Just wanted to share a snippet of an interview....which I was reading this morning.
Talks about US/Europe and Asia.....
>>
 
Hagel: I think that goes back to my issue of complacency. I look at U.S. executives today, and I see a tremendous amount of complacency around our innovation capability. I go over to China or to India and I see a sense of urgency. The phrase that I hear most commonly there is 'We were out of the world economy for 40 to 50 years. We have to catch up, and we will catch up.' There is a sense of urgency there that I frankly don't see in the United States yet. And I would look at Europe and say to the extent that we're complacent, Europe is painfully complacent. To be provocative, I'll say they're destined to become the museum of the world, that is their destiny. I have some very good clients in Europe and I've told them that directly.

Banmiller: Someone said 'If the 19th century belonged to Europe, the 20th century belonged to the U.S., and the 21st century belongs to Asia .' How prophetic that particular comment may be….
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home